The Latest Cape Town Restaurants
One of Cape Town’s many attractions is its vibrant food scene with culinary delights ranging from fine-dining to bistro fare, from ramen and sushi to artisan ice cream; there’s always somewhere new and delicious to explore, as well as old favourites to re-visit.
Over the winter months, the Mother City has been cooking up a storm with loads of cool openings that locals have been busy testing out ready for the new production season!
Here are a few of them.
In central Cape Town look out for:
- The Shortmarket Club, the latest cool offering from Luke Dale-Roberts of Test Kitchen fame (image above)
- Villa 47 on Bree St, for Italian inspired Locanda, Stuzzico tapas bar and (just opened) The Restaurant on the top floor
- Obi in Long Street, sushi master Papa San has closed Takumi and re-opened here
- Little Saint on upper Bree Street for excellent farm-to-table food (thumbnail image)
- ASH restaurant – hip and contemporary charcoal-cooked meat restaurant with ethically sourced meat from partners Frankie Fenner Meat Merchants.
- The Stack – for French bistro fare in a very stylish and peaceful setting in Gardens behind the Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel (images of their legendary crème brûlée below, and the Brasserie restaurant below that)
In leafy Constantia there are no less than three cool new eateries opening in October and November:
- Foxcroft – by the La Colombe team is a more informal but supercool eatery
- Chefs Warehouse is opening at Beau Constantia headed up by Ivor Jones, previously of the Test Kitchen
- Harbour House is opening La Parada at heritage building Constantia Nek
Sea Point’s Regent Road is getting cooler by the minute:
Chocolate heaven My Sugar is now flanked by vibey Sundoo Indian eatery and new ramen bar Three Wise Monkeys.
Close by in Regent Road are healthy Scheckter's Raw, trendy Jarryd’s and favourite breakfast spot Kleinsky’s Deli just for starters.
Also in Sea Point, the Ritz Hotel has been undergoing major refurbishments, with its iconic revolving restaurant due to open in December with chef Bertus Basson masterminding the food offering.
There’s more, lots more, so come and explore Cape Town’s latest flavours!